Our Safety Protocols
In addition to being named a 2020 Top Dentist by New Jersey monthly magazine, Dr. Rajan was featured in the September 2020 issue in an article about how dentists are incorporating enhanced safety measures into their practices. Read the article here.
The safety of our patients and the dental professionals in our practice has always been a top priority. Recently, we have enhanced our infection protocols even further, implementing measures that go beyond the recommended standards of care.
Learn More About How We Minimize the Spread of Infection and the Risk of COVID-19 Transmission
Check-In and Check-Out Process
- Virtual reception and check-in – Upon arrival simply call us from your vehicle and we will guide you through the entry process. You will be invited in, offered hand sanitizer and brought directly to your treatment room. (smartphone automated covid questionnaire will be available soon)
- Contactless forehead temperature screening station – Upon entry we have a tripod mounted automatic forehead thermometer station to take your temperature
- The checkout procedure will be handled such that no two patients come into contact in the common areas and the reception area
Infection Control Protocols
- All team members will be properly fitted with personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, gowns and head covering)
- Medical Grade HEPA filters – Each 80 sq ft treatment room is equipped with Medify air filtration units capable of filtering 400 sq ft per hour. There is also a centrally located iQ Air filtration system in the common area
- Upon entry to treatment room, you will be asked to rinse with an antiseptic solution to help control bacterial and viral levels in your mouth before beginning treatment.
- Our team members and clinical providers will be changing their masks, gloves and gowns between patients as always. We have a variety of disposable items as well as onsite laundry for our PPE.
- At the end of treatment, our rooms are thoroughly sanitized according to CDC guidelines and the room is fogged with HypoChlorous Acid (generated onsite at 200ppm) using the new EMIST fogger (being used to disinfect commercial airplanes for United and Delta).
- Finally, all new patient forms are now digital and can be accessed through our smartphone optimized website